Monday, June 22, 2009

The Fallen Hero

As I wandered the streets of Silvermoon, I tried to remind myself that I would have treated the Foresaken the same way the blood elves were treating me. They ignored me and spoke only in Thallasian when I approached. If only the language I had spoken for so long would meander off my tongue again. I tried, but the words came out jumbled and confused - this is why they call it Gutterspeak.

At the rate things were going Lynnius would be dead before I found her. It had been a month since I had awoken and still no sign of her. But the odds were against me any how - I didn't know how much time had passed or how old she would be now - or if she still lived. My only hope would be her eyes.

Since she was a babe, her eyes had set her apart. Her eyes were a dark, cold green, but anytime she got angry or felt threatened they would gradually grow light until the glowed brightly.

I remember as a child whenever we travelled at night I would run ahead and jump out when the family passed. The first time every night would scare the hell out of her and the night would glow green.

So my options were to find someone who had heard of her or hide in the bushes and hop out at every red head that passed. But I was tired of spending my nights in the bushed and my parents could wait for their punishment. For now I needed to make some gold and wait for the one person I know could help. Not he that things would be easy when I found him. The Demon-talker had a way of disappearing when you needed him and in the hundreds of years I had known him I had never once heard him utter a word to anyone other than a Blood Elf.

No before I could even think of seeking Him out, I would have to regain my skills that had earned me the title of Sunstriding Hero.

But then since I had awoke, I hadn't held a sword in my hand. And while I knew first hand how powerful the Undead could be - the thought of entering battle again filled me with fear and apprehension. Although I am not sure what I am afraid of - it's not like I can die again.

No, in order to find my sister and destroy my parents - I would have to regain the strength I once had and prove myself to Him.

Now to find a sword . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment