Monday, June 15, 2009

Phinnian - The Undead Elf

When I awoke, I knew my father had indeed come through with his promise to protect me from The Scourge. My father, while he had lived most of his life in the shadows, he knew little of its magic. He had decided that he was going to be a warlock after growing tried of his rogue ways, and when I came to him in need - well when he found me and I needed him, he said he could help. When he pledged to save me, I trusted him, and I guess, in a way, he did fulfill his promise.
I did after all wake up. And I woke up with my hands and feet attached, so I suppose all-in-all, I was in better shape than the night before. Although it must have been a mighty long night.
"Close your eyes and rest my son, when you awake in the morning, I will have healed you," my father said. So I closed my eyes, but when I woke up my city was in ruins and my family was gone.
One night didn't seem quite long enough.
As I roamed around the cit, the blood elves didn't seem to enjoy the sight of me, but then again, I didn't really enjoy running around with my bones exposed and my flesh rotting.
And while I was thankful to be alive in some sense, my parents with all their plotting and scheming knew how this would end up, this was no miscalculation, this was no accident that I was left like this. It was not by chance that I woke up years after my attack, with no trace of my parents or the rest of my family to be found.
No, it was time for my parents to learn the true cost of their plans, of their plots and destinies. And I think I know just the person to help me show them - if only she survived the plan they laid for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment