Saturday, June 6, 2009

Jarisi

Jarisi

Pain erupted from my shoulder and I could feel a warm sensation begin to trickle down my back. “Blood” I mused. “No one has drawn that out of me in a long time. I’m beginning to like you”. Lifting my axe with strength only known to Orcs, I swung it will all my might only to have it parried like it was only an annoying house fly. Slightly annoyed I lifted it once more and swung again, this time lower.

“You fight like a Night Elf Jarisi.” The figure said as he danced away from my blade. I suddenly decided I didn’t like him anymore, and that I wanted to hurt him. Better yet, I wanted to squish him.

“I have fought in hundreds of battles. I have seen my fellow Orc’s die beside me and I have killed many foes; most of them Night Elves. I will not have one such as you belittle me. I am Jarisi Mukrah, daughter of Dur’hrak, and defender of Thrall!” With my battle cry I lurched forward, axe above my head ready to slam it down right into the middle of his skull. Inches before impact, inches from his scalp, inches from making me a very happy Orc, my axe hit an invisible barrier and shattered into a thousand pieces. The axe I had taken into battle so many times was now destroyed by something that wasn’t even visible to my eye.

Pain erupted through my body again, but this wasn’t like before. This was everywhere, a white hot burning that felt like my blood was boiling inside of me. I fell to the ground hard and couldn’t move.

“Enough!” He screamed. “Your ignorance angers me and I am done playing with you Jarisi. I didn’t come to kill you, nor fight you. But your Orc rage blinded your wits and I decided to toy with you. I am bored now and wish to leave. First I must give you the message that brought me here.

“Like your so called leader Thrall, you have a destiny to fulfill. You will not do this alone, nor will it be an easy task. Everything you once knew will turn into a distant memory that you will soon forget. Your family, your clan, everything you ever loved will perish. However, you will meet some unlikely companions that will change your views as well as your future. Be prepared Jarisi. Look for the signs and do not let your rage that fills you blind what you are supposed to see.”

I sat in the hot Durotar desert staring at him for what seemed like an eternity. I couldn’t quite make out what or who he was, only that he was taller than a Tauren yet as skinny as a Blood Elf. His black robe masked his face yet I could feel his eyes burning into me with such integrity that I felt compelled to look away.

“I do not understand what you are trying to tell me, nor do I believe any word that comes from your unnatural mouth. Whatever voodoo you hold cannot protect you forever.” I looked up as I said this and realized I was only speaking to a boar that had wandered up to chew on a weed near where I sat. I looked around and saw nothing. He was gone, not even a trace of footsteps lingered in the hot desert sand. I got to my feet and reached for my axe, prepared for any other trickery that may happen. It wasn’t where it was supposed to be, where it always is, at my hip. I looked to the boar again and saw something shimmer in the hot sunlight. My axe, still in a thousand pieces decorating the ground.

Gathering the pieces I started to head towards home. I couldn’t leave my favorite axe there to be picked up by Trolls to be made into jewelry. It deserved to be retired with all my other out dated weapons.

I reached my home some time later, as the sun was setting and I noticed something amiss. That feeling that is unexplainable but completely raw and gut wrenching went twisting through my body. I swung the door open to find my home ransacked. Every piece of furniture was overturned and there was ink splattered everywhere. Ink? No, this was not ink. This was blood. Blood covered the walls, blood covered the ceiling, the bed, the floor… everywhere.

My rage coursed through me again like the first lightning strike of a summer storm. I screamed and fell hard to my knees and began slamming my fists into the dirt floor. What had happened? Where was my family? Who could have done this? Was it Torka from the bar? Did he get mad after I beat him in an arm wrestling contest? Or maybe Quinja after I punted her pet baby swine off of the Orgrimmar zeppelin dock? No, this was something much more sinister and evil.

The only thing left of my family, my mother, father, two brothers… was blood. And that was what I was out to get.


No comments:

Post a Comment